R. Kinnett, 2021
An immersive Mars exploration experience featuring NASA's Perseverance rover and its home on Mars, Jezero Crater.
This page leverages public resources provided by NASA and JPL but is not affiliated with NASA or JPL.
- Mouse: Left button: rotate, center wheel: zoom, right button: pan
- Touch: Single-touch drag: rotate, double-touch drag: pan, double-touch pinch: zoom
- Double-click or double-tap: center view over selected position
- Key "h": place rover at landing site ("home")
- Key "g": place rover at cursor ("go to")
- Key "r": center view over rover
- Key "f": toggle camera rover-follow during drive
- Key "w": increment drive speed
- Key "x": decrement drive speed
- Key "d": increment turn angle
- Key "a": decrement turn angle
- Key "q": straighten steering
- Key "s": stop driving and straighten wheels
Base terrain map derived (cropped and scaled) from USGS "Mars 2020 Terrain Relative Navigation HiRISE DTM Mosaic".
Terrain height map derived from MOLA DTM via Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter MOLA, courtesty NASA/JPL-Caltech/GSFC/USGS.
Terrain luminance texture derived from Mars 2020 TRN HiRISE mosaic via Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter HiRISE, courtesty NASA/JPL-Caltech/GSFC/USGS.
Terrain texture colorized via Jezero Crater color mosaic by J. Cowart with source images from MRO CTX (NASA/JPL/MSSS) and CRISM (NASA/JPL/JHUAPL), and Mars Express HRSC (ESA/DLR/FU Berlin), re-blended by R. Kinnett.
Perseverance rover model courtesy NASA/JPL, heavily modified by R. Kinnett
Perseverance drive audio (recorded on Mars!) courtesy NASA/JPL-Caltech.
Thanks to Michael Schlachter ("thrax" in three.js slack) for technical advisement!
View source code at Github
Comments and suggestions: twitter